Education Project Coordinator
We’re looking for a Project Coordinator to add to our project management team on a temporary, term-of-project basis. The person in this role will help the Westchester Education Services team with our goal of expanding our project management capacity. The position has the potential to become full-time and permanent if the fit is right.
Westchester is committed to expanding diversity, access, and equity at all levels within the education industry, and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please see our company statement here for more information.
The role can be remote and entails:
- Assisting with the administrative tasks required to open, bill, and close projects
- Assisting with the creation and management of schedules
- Assisting with the creation and distribution of project assignments
- Assisting with the tracking of deliverables
- Assisting with the tracking and management of project budgets
- Communicating with clients and internal stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned relating to managing projects and resources
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2–3 years working or “playing” in a team environment, preferably with demonstrated leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior communication and organization skills
- A passion for developing educational products
- Experience using Dropbox (preferred), Google Drive, or a similar cloud-based file storage system designed for collaboration
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel (especially working with medium-to-complex formulas such as WORKDAY, COUNT, COUNTA, SUMIF, etc.)
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to WPS_applicants@westchesterk12pubsvcs.com. Please include “WES Project Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Freelance Writers and Editors
Westchester Education Services is looking for writers and editors for our editorial team. Writers and editors should have experience in the classroom, as well as demonstrated experience creating content for the school market. We are especially interested in candidates with a background in child psychology or who have taught Social Emotional Learning. Please reference these criteria if they are applicable, along with your relevant skills in your Shortlist application. Work is assigned by project, and we will contact candidates based on the availability of an assignment that fits your skill set.
Freelance Career and Trade Education Writer/Editor
Westchester Education Services is seeking freelance writers and editors with experience writing or teaching Jr. High, High School or Post-Secondary in the following Career and Trade Education fields:
- Computer Science/Coding
- Health Sciences
Work is assigned by project. Complete the Shortlist application, fill in your relevant skills, and we will look for a project that fits your skill set.
Freelance Project Manager
Westchester Education Services is seeking part-time freelance Project Management specialists with at least three years’ experience managing projects in the publishing industry. Experience with project management in K-12 educational publishing is preferred. Work is assigned by project. Complete the Shortlist application, fill in your relevant skills, and we will look for a project that fits your skill set.
Freelance Art & Design Specialist
Westchester Education Services is seeking experienced freelance Graphic Designers, Illustrators and Art/Media Researchers to join our freelance talent pool. Work is assigned by project. Complete the Shortlist application, fill in your relevant skills, and we will look for a project that fits your skill set.
Freelance Production Specialist
Westchester Education Services is seeking freelance composition specialists with a background in educational publishing and experience with software such as Adobe InDesign. Work is assigned by project. Complete the Shortlist application, fill in your relevant skills, and we will look for a project that fits your skill set.
Westchester Education Services offers a paid internship for students at colleges and universities in the Dayton, Ohio area. Please with check your college/university Career Services department for information on internship listings at your school.
Full-Time Employment Opportunities
Currently, we do not have any full-time opportunities available. Please check back on this site regularly, and follow us on our LinkedIn page for updates regarding employment opportunities.
Westchester Education Services is a part of Westchester Publishing Services, an employee-owned, U.S. based organization that extends the capacity of publisher clients in the education, academic, trade, and journal spaces. To learn more about Westchester Publishing Services, visit our main website.