Westchester Education Services understands that developing strong reading skills at a young age leads to lifelong learning. That’s why literacy education is a cornerstone of our literacy content development team.
Industry veterans with years of experience and passion for education anchor our literacy content team. Jennifer Cole leads the literacy team. Prior to joining Westchester as Content Director, Literacy, Humanities, and Languages, Jennifer worked for education publishers including Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and Sundance Publishing to create market-leading literacy programs.
Jennifer leads a cadre of experienced writers and editors to develop materials that captivate young readers across a variety of components. Our team is focused and passionate about creating high-quality literacy content for both students and teachers. Our standards are very high: we treat your content as if it were our own. We believe there is no greater mission than creating exceptional literacy content for the education of US classroom students.
We serve our clients with wide-ranging literacy capabilities:
- Content review and development for:
- primary and elementary grade programs
- middle school programs
- high school programs
- fiction leveled readers
- non-fiction leveled readers
- graphic novel readers
- teacher guides
- student workbooks
- state test preparation materials (student and teacher guides)
- state requirements for core and supplemental literacy materials
- tech-enhanced items (TEI)
- diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments
- design via our partnership with Learnosity or other learning management platforms
- Content creation for interactive digital read-aloud programs
- Guideline development and planning
- Scope and sequence development
See how our team collaborates on client projects with a peek behind the scenes of the creation of the award-winning Unfamiliar, a hi-lo graphic novel reader.