Westchester Education Services understands that developing strong reading skills at a young age leads to life-long learning. That’s why literacy education is a cornerstone of our literacy content development team.
Industry veterans with years of experience and passion for education anchor our literacy content team. Marie Brown, our Consulting Editorial Project Director, spent decades creating trusted reading content for students and teachers via the Brown Publishing Network. Anne Ricco, our Senior Supervising Editor for Literacy and Humanities, worked directly with Irene Fountas and Gay Su Pinnell, leading the development of F&P readers for Heinemann.
Marie and Anne lead a cadre of experienced writers and editors to develop materials that captivate young readers across a variety of components. Our team is focused and passionate about creating high-quality literacy content for both students and teachers. Our standards are very high: we treat your content as if it were our own. We believe there is no greater mission than creating exceptional literacy content for the education of US classroom students.
Our capabilities include:
- Literacy content review and development for:
- Primary and elementary grades
- Middle school
- High school
- Fiction leveled readers
- Non-fiction leveled readers
- Graphic novel readers
- Teacher guides
- Student workbooks
- State test preparation materials (student and teacher guides)
- State requirements for basal and supplemental programs
- tech-enhanced items (TEI)
- diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments
- design via our partnership with Learnosity or other learning management platforms
- Content for interactive digital read-aloud programs
- Guideline development planning
- Scope and sequence development
See how our team collaborates on our client projects with a peek behind the scenes of the creation of the award-winning Unfamiliar, a hi-lo graphic novel reader.