Westchester Education Services understands that developing strong reading skills at a young age leads to life-long learning. That’s why literacy education is a cornerstone of our literacy content development team.
Industry veterans with years of experience and passion for education anchor our literacy content team. Megan Overman leads the literacy team. Prior to becoming our Senior Supervising Editor for Literacy and SEL, Meg worked directly with industry leaders like Marie Brown to create market-leading literacy programs.
Meg leads a cadre of experienced writers and editors to develop materials that captivate young readers across a variety of components. Our team is focused and passionate about creating high-quality literacy content for both students and teachers. Our standards are very high: we treat your content as if it were our own. We believe there is no greater mission than creating exceptional literacy content for the education of US classroom students.
Our capabilities include:
- Literacy content review and development for:
- Primary and elementary grades
- Middle school
- High school
- Fiction leveled readers
- Non-fiction leveled readers
- Graphic novel readers
- Teacher guides
- Student workbooks
- State test preparation materials (student and teacher guides)
- State requirements for basal and supplemental programs
- tech-enhanced items (TEI)
- diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments
- design via our partnership with Learnosity or other learning management platforms
- Content for interactive digital read-aloud programs
- Guideline development planning
- Scope and sequence development
See how our team collaborates on our client projects with a peek behind the scenes of the creation of the award-winning Unfamiliar, a hi-lo graphic novel reader.