Because civic engagement is more important than ever, Westchester Education Services is committed to high-quality social studies content development that provides the most effective learning vehicles for students to decipher the world around them. From analyzing and comparing primary sources to contextualizing current events, our team develops student and teacher social studies materials that help students successfully engage in their world.
Tim Yetzina, our Senior Supervising Editor for Science and Social Studies, leads our social studies content development team, working with a robust team of experienced social studies content writers and editors. Tim’s experience leading social studies programs at major publishers enables him to successfully integrate the demands of the classroom into market-leading social studies products for publishers.
Our capabilities include:
- Content review, update, and development for:
- Primary and elementary grades
- Middle school
- High school
- World History
- US History
- Teacher guides
- State-specific content and programs
- tech-enhanced items (TEI)
- diagnostic, formative and summative assessments
- design via Learnosity or other learning management platforms
- Guideline development and planning
- Scope and sequence development
Our clients will often enhance their social studies content development projects with Westchester’s art and design or production services for a full-service solution. Clients also rely on the high-level customer service that our project management team provides for each and every project.