What Makes Westchester’s Product Development Approach Different?
The educational materials space is competitive, so what sets your product apart? At Westchester Education Services, we understand product development, and we strive to identify what differentiates your products. We adapt to your thought process in order to help you create market-leading products.
How is our approach different?
We develop a wide range of programs for publishers and ed tech providers of all sizes. As a US-based and employee-owned company, our product development processes conform to your needs, mirroring your internal workflows. Whether we are developing a full-service program or augmenting your staff with key service offerings, we apply the following steps to integrate with and extend your product development team:
- Consult – Before a project begins, our sales team and members of our development teams work with you to define your program needs. Our teams draw upon decades of product development expertise and are adept at helping our clients tackle challenges in the educational market.
- Calibrate – We work with you to highlight your goals by creating a comprehensive project brief that outlines expectations and acts as a cornerstone for project implementation. Then, we create a thin slice of the program to model our approach. We work with you to incorporate feedback and to ensure that we have captured your voice. This representation acts as a prototype for the complete program.
- Confirm – At all planning stages, we confirm client expectations to ensure that we all share the same understanding of goals and metrics for measuring success. This process begins with a project launch and continues throughout our development process while incorporating crucial check-ins at client-specified milestones.
- Create – The investments made in early planning stages pay off during the critical periods of project implementation. Westchester employs a train-the-trainer model and draws from experiences learned during the calibration phase to articulate the most effective product development approach. This model allows us to rapidly scale up, utilizing a vast and diverse pool of vetted and talented resources while retaining a full understanding of what makes your product unmatched.
- Communicate – Throughout our process, our project management team communicates progress and gain against schedule and budget. Project management works as your advocate alongside our development teams. We regularly provide written updates and, per request, plan recurrent meetings to discuss important issues such as status, insights gathered, and solutions for any impediments that may change project scope and delivery.
- Collaborate – Complex projects present a unique set of challenges, yet our project management team flags obstacles early on, allowing us to collaborate with you to address issues. Our leads work with you to determine the best solutions that fit your budget and schedule.
Whether you are adapting an existing program to sell in a new market or creating a product from scratch, we apply the principles above to align ourselves with what makes your company, your products, and your development objectives stand out. Our ability to customize processes to fit your needs while following proven practices developed over decades of experience means that we can deliver to your expectations, project after project. This is what makes Westchester your trusted partner in education.
Contact us, and let’s talk about how the Westchester approach can work for you.