Our educational content development team helps publishers of basal and supplemental instructional material conceptualize and create market-leading programs. Our team works seamlessly with clients to craft creative, engaging content for readers, student editions, teacher editions, workbooks, online programs, test prep, high-stakes assessment, games, video scripts, and interactive content.
Veteran resources lead our educational content development teams. Megan Overman oversees our literacy and SEL editorial teams, Amanda Robb leads the math teams, Tim Yetzina leads the science and social studies teams, and Walter Henderson, Jr., directs our ELT, bilingual education, and translation teams. In addition, we offer reviews of backlist materials to ensure that they meet culturally responsive education needs. Our leads work with staff and freelance writers and editors to deliver high-quality educational content to meet our customer expectations.
The educational content development team provides the following services:
- Guideline development—Helping your editorial teams develop guidelines for your upcoming educational projects
- Scope and sequence development—Transforming a set of standards into a document to identify when and where students and teachers address each standard
- Content writing—Constructing creative, from-scratch content designed around scope and sequences or state standard needs
- Content repurposing—Producing programs that augment the best of your existing material with engaging new writing
- Manuscript editing—Massaging raw content to ensure that it fits your guidelines and end goals
- Content reviews—Reviewing existing content against the Westchester culturally responsive education rubric
- State customizations—Transforming existing editions into material for new markets
- Copyediting—Dotting every “i” and crossing every “t” to ensure the highest caliber content
- Cold Reads—Providing a fresh set of eyes to review the whole package, adding an extra layer of quality assurance
- Fact-checking—Applying a rigorous set of rules to ensure that all of your materials are factually accurate
- Correlations and alignments—Confirming that your content meets the requirements of your target states
- Section 508 compliance—Enabling all audiences to access your content
- Translation—Delivering content across language barriers
Whether you have a stand-alone project or require a full-service approach leveraging Westchester’s areas of content development, design and art, or production services expertise for your educational project, we have the capabilities you can rely upon.
Contact us today to learn how we can help you with your educational content development requirements.