The Westchester Education Services production services team is adept in all market-leading production tools. Our experience includes traditional page layout, as well as integrated InDesign/InCopy workflows and XML tagging, building upon 50 years of success of our parent company and their typesetting teams.
Our production team’s services for education publications include:
- Page layout—Executing simple and complex pages flawlessly via domestic, offshore, or hybrid workflows
- XML tagging—Applying tags and metadata to enable searchability and reusability
- Proofreading/QC—Cycling poured pages through rigorous processes to ensure that they meet specifications and client quality expectations
- Image cropping and manipulation—Adapting existing imagery to fit layouts, file formats, and file sizes
- ePub conversion—Transforming print programs into digital output, following industry standards for a variety of outputs
- File archiving—Maintaining your final files to make future customizations and reprints easier
- Digital production—Delivering content for online delivery
Our production operations are headquartered in Dayton, Ohio. Chris Herrfurth, our education production manager, oversees a large network of staff, freelance domestic resources, and offshore-based staff in Noida and Chennai. Our large network of onshore and offshore teams enables Westchester to offer our clients highly competitive onshore, offshore and hybrid rates. This exclusive combination of production resources provides flexibility along with a level of quality, affordability, and customer service that vendors with production teams based fully offshore simply cannot match.
Partnership with FableVision Studios
FableVision Studios is a multimedia design and development firm that creates interactive activities, games, linear and short-form animation, websites, mobile apps, e-books, and graphic novels. Our partnership with Fablevision Studios enables us to provide our clients with a multi-channel solution that includes content and experiences in digital and print.
Ask us about how our production services and multi-channel capabilities can help you with your educational project or publication needs.