With multiculturalism as a critical element in today’s pedagogy, no educational system is complete without the ability to support instruction in multiple languages. Whether it is for students, researchers, professors, teachers, or schools and universities, translation services are a necessity.
Translation has its own set of unique requirements. It demands precision of terminology and the capacity to accommodate specific target audiences globally. It also demands an understanding of the education market, with experience developing programs in multiple languages. At Westchester Education Services, we pride ourselves on understanding the precise translation needs of the education sector.
Walter Henderson, Jr. leads a team of qualified professionals with an abundance of experience in multilingual instructional terminology and translation best practices. We offer reliability and excellence for a multitude of education-related translations, including student materials, teacher materials, academic translations, journals, fiction and non-fiction pieces, course books, and ancillaries.
Key factors that Westchester takes into consideration during its translation workflow:
- Space: balance text space in the target language
- Structure: application of accurate grammatical forms and structures
- Readability: assurance that the target language reflects the style and voice of original content
- Word type: attention to culture-specific slang, idioms, and expressions
- Images: culturally-appropriate photos, illustrations, icons, and symbols
- Quality control: edit and proof of all content
Westchester can provide text translation in multiple languages for a variety of markets, including the following:
To assist education publishers and ed-tech providers in reaching new markets, we also offer services in ELT development and adaptation and bilingual education. In addition, our art and design teams work closely with our content development teams to use visual imagery to augment the content and aid in student comprehension.